5th Annual – Anson Fireman’s Association Ice Fishing Derby
Date: Saturday, Feb 25, 2017
Derby Headquarters: Embden Boat Landing
Weigh-in: Embden Community Center – 3 pm to 6 pm the day of the derby
All Proceeds Benefit the Anson Fireman’s Association
Derby Tickets – $15.00 per person (both Adults and Children)
Tickets may be purchased in advance online or until noon the day of the Derby at the Embden Boat Landing.
Tickets may also be purchased locally at the following locations:
Bait, Bolts & Bullets, 3 South Main Street, Solon, Me.
Pinkham’s Market, Elm Street, North Anson, Me.
Participants must present a valid ticket to register fish. No more than one cash prize will awarded per ticket.
The derby will be held on February 25, 2017. The derby will be a rain or shine event with no rain date. The only reason the derby will be cancelled will be for unsafe ice conditions. All ticket sales are nonrefundable.
$5,000 Grand Prize
Adult Division – Ages 13 and up
Cash prizes for largest Brook Trout, Togue and Salmon.
First Place – $150, Second Place – $100, Third Place – $50
Kids Division – 12 and under
Kids prizes will be awarded based on the 5 largest fish no matter the species or what body of water the fish was taken from. Prizes for kids (0-12) will consist of assorted fishing traps, pack baskets, and other assorted fishing supplies.
Must be present to claim prizes, both cash and door prizes.
General Derby Information
Weigh-in station will be at the Embden Community Center and will be open from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on derby day. Participants must be in line by 6:00 p.m. to register fish.
Parking opportunities in the area are limited. Please do not block public ways or private driveways. Much of the waterfront property is privately owned and it is common courtesy to seek landowner permission.
Participants will not be eligible for any prize unless they have purchased a Derby Ticket and must be present to claim their prize.
1. Must follow all Maine Fishing Laws for possessing fish.
2. One cash prize per ticket. With an unlimited number of tickets per person (If you want a chance at winning more than one cash prize you have to buy more than one ticket)
3. Tickets will be sold at the Embden Boat Landing until Noon the day of the derby.
4. To register a fish you have to present a valid derby ticket.
5. Must be present to claim prizes, both cash and door prizes. Prizes will be awarded immediately following the final weigh in.
6. Fishing is permitted on all Maine waters.
7. Weigh station is open on Derby day from 3:00 pm till 6:00 pm at the Embden Community Center, 797 Embden Pond Road, Embden, Maine.
8. Weigh station closes promptly at 6:00 pm on February 25, 2017.
9. Must be weighed in or standing in line to weigh in by 6:00 pm
10. Winners will be determined on weight. Tie broken by length. If identical weight and length, first fish registered wins.
11. There will be one clearly tagged brook trout released several days before the derby. To claim grand prize payout the person will need to present the fish and a valid derby ticket by closing time (6:00 pm) of the weigh station. The tagged fish will be worth $5,000.
For more information:
Anson Fire Department (207) 696-4930